|Ten beginner steps|
to Choosing Happiness
1. Love, love, and more love! Love yourself, love your family, love your pets, love your town, love thy neighbors.
2. Forgive! Start with yourself, your parents, your friends and start small. Everyone is coping with what they had to endure and what they were taught. We all have to find our way. Some of us take longer than others. Let it go. My motto is: I don't have regrets and wouldn't change a thing. Everything I have endured has led to who I've become. I'm starting to kind of like ME, finally. Learn to overlook smaller oversights or mistakes that people make. Nobody is perfect, and everyone benefits when you choose to shrug the unimportant stuff off. You've heard the saying, ’don't sweat the small stuff’.
Stay positive! Be Happy!
3. Be YOU! A popular phrase is 'be true to yourself ’. And I never really got it until a few years ago. You can't be happy when you are trying to live up to another's expectations, or compromising yourself to please someone else. Besides, you are a unique being. I suppose we needed a ’YOU’, and I may be wrong... But you would probably make the best YOU, out of anyone don't you think.
4. SET GOALS: Now that you're you, you're starting to figure out what you would like to do, and how you would prefer things to be in your life. It's nice to think about a better you and a brighter tomorrow. It may take a while to figure out what you really want and you may change your mind or have to eventually narrow down a mile long list, but its a start.
5. Begin babystepping: Of course, change is difficult, but you may be surprised at how good it feels. It also becomes easier with time as you realize your true path and start having some synchronization. ONE STEP. Every single thing begins with the first step. You can take one tiny step towards anything and guess what's next? One more step. That's it. You learned how to walk, right? Now you're learning how to walk your true path/destiny. Once you begin to grow and realize what you want more clearly, it starts to become more natural, like a flow.
6. Be positive and deflect negativity. This is a little harder, you must refer to number 5. Take baby steps, one day at a time until you start doing it without effort or conscious thought.
7. Try try again! Another cliche, yes... But it's so important. If at first, you don't succeed, try again. Don't give up! Nobody is perfect, and you will need practice at most things you attempt. Would you want your child to give up trying to walk if they stumbled? Of course not. We have to learn to grow.
8. Go wireless. Or at least turn on your do not disturb, and take a hike. My mother always joked, ’take a hike, kid’. She's smart, this is good advice. Go out in the world, get to know the birds and squirrels. Go to the park and take pictures of the geese, talk to them even. Notice the gorgeous colors around you. I never really noticed the beauty around me until way older in life. It is so calming.
9. Accept Diversity! You are you, and you shouldn't have to explain yourself or apologize for that. Ever. So remember that it should be the same for each of us. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Don't judge people. Unless you are God, the Judge or the Jury, then live and let live. Unless someone is harming you, there is no reason to be unkind. Your surroundings and associates are your decision. Find a new circle if you don't share the same beliefs or lifestyle. Insulting and verbally abusing someone is never ok. Let's learn to treat each other better, please.
10. Appreciate and treasure the little things! Savor the dessert. Laugh with the kids. Be grateful for what you have, not hateful about what you don't have. You can achieve what you want, but you have to want to achieve. It's not going to fall into your lap, but it is not going to be as hard as you thought, either.
~~~~~> Now that you have some ideas, you must take actions. Don't procrastinate your ideal life any longer. It's TIME!
Peace, Love, and Harmony:)