Blackberry is one of the Cherokees main ‘go-to’ herbs for healing purposes.
It has natural antibacterial properties! So it can be used as a soap additive or a healing mouthwash!
- Soothes sore throats.
- Relieves and reduces swelling of the mucous membranes of the mouth and throat. Helps moisten the mucous membranes.
- Alleviates upset stomach and gastric distress, including diarrhea, stomach bloating and discomfort.
- Mixed with honey is is also great for a cough and congestion.
- Blackberry Leaf is packed with vitamins and minerals such as: A, B6, C, E, K. Thiamin, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, & Manganese.
- Unbelievably, the list continues with antioxidant Lutein, Copper, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, riboflavin, niacin, and folic acid and many more.
- Used topically Blackberry can be used to treat eczema, hemorrhoids and varicose veins.
I've learned so about herbs much from these guys:
As you can see Blackberry has many benefits. I’m sure you can see why it’s one of the herbs in my medicine chest.
This is just a fraction of the great ways we can utilize this gift from Nature. If you have additional tips or personal stories/tips, please comment below to share with us.
Have a wonderful day, thanks for stopping by=]