February 10, 2019
the all-too common deadly sin
It’s suffocating our society
By: Serenity Mask
There are various reasons that I have surmised, which tend to make many people act fake.
- You’ve always got what they need. Whether it’s cigarettes, change, a ride.. they know to at least pretend not to bite the hand that feeds!
- You’re in a higher up position than them at work and they want to appear that they can vibe with everyone. They are after the next promotion, at all costs.
- You get along with everyone else that they know, so it makes them look bad to not get along as well.. they follow the pack.
- It’s their nature to be vicious. ( they treat everybody nice and act fake to their faces, but are continuously talking crap behind their backs). These are the worst type, because they are fundamentally unhappy/wounded. They will NOT change their behavior without learning a lot of life lessons.
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
What can I do if I’m the current TARGET for Gossip?
- Stay strong; don’t give into the negativity. Even if you can’t beat them, do NOT join them!
- Maintain a good reputation and work ethic (if this is occurring at the workplace).
- Remember, we often experience trials and hardships in order to learn a valuable life lesson.. maintain your dignity.
- If things become too much to bear and/or is affecting your health/general well-being then it’s time to distance yourself from the situation.
- Never compromise who you are and what you stand for!
- Hold your tongue as best you can and try not to say things you may later regret (esp. when relatives or close friends are involved).
How can I stand apart from everyone else? I’m not better than anyone and why should I be an outcast?
- As mentioned before, do not give in to negativity. By staying cheery and positive you already stand apart from malicious gossip.
- Someone has to set a precedence amongst peers. Be a leader, instead of a follower!
Always remember the advice: this too shall pass. Whatever situation you may find yourself in is temporary. Life is ALWAYS CHANGING. Keep your head up and Smile:)